Last revision: November 2, 2007
MakeFive is a website that allows users to post and discuss opinions with others. You do not need to be registered to search or view site content; however, you must register in order to post, comment and contact Members. Please note that this information may change as MakeFive revises its service or adds/removes features. Any updates to this policy will be posted on this page, noting the date of last revision.
Information Collection and Use Practices
• You can choose the level of access that others have to your profile, including access to your full
profile, friends list, personal photos and notes; however, all Members, regardless of profile
settings automatically have a public profile created, which displays User Name, Profile Image
(if provided), Lists and Selections, and the URL to your Public Profile. This allows others to
see who is commenting on lists and items. Any comments and content that you post to lists,
comment areas, and other profiles may be viewable to any site user. We will not display your
email address to other site users without your consent.
• You post Content on the site at your own risk. Although you can choose the level of access that
others have to your profile, no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. We cannot
control the actions of other users; therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that content you
post on the site will not be viewed by unauthorized persons. Any improper collection or
misuse of information provided on MakeFive should be reported to firstname.lastname@example.org
• We may record information about your usage, such as when you use MakeFive, the Lists you
create and take part in, the contacts you communicate with, as well as any content that you
post to the website.
• Advertisements shown to you may be related to the information and content associated with
your profile, such as notes, lists, or the search term you entered. Advertisements that appear
on MakeFive are sometimes delivered directly to users by third party advertisers who
automatically receive your IP address when this happens. They may also download cookies to
your computer to measure the effectiveness of their ads and to personalize advertising
content. MakeFive does not have access to, or control of, the cookies that may be placed by
third party advertisers.
• When you enter MakeFive, we collect your browser type and IP address. We also store certain
information from your browser using cookies.
• Members can choose whether they wish to receive notes from Friends only, or from all
registered users; however, any member can send an email to you or ask you to become a
friend. Should you feel that a user’s correspondence is inappropriate, you may block them
from contacting you again.
• MakeFive at times contacts members with system information, general updates, and personal
notes regarding service.
Your ability to Update or Delete Information
• You may at any time update your account information or deactivate your account entirely;
however, any lists and items you have created will remain active, as others may have posted
to these discussions. Removing them could impede the contributions that others have made
to these contents.